Extended Operational Pause
Seabourn recently announced that we will extend the voluntary pause of global operations for our five cruise ships.
The pause will apply to each of Seabourn's five ships differently with each having a different "effective through" date in either October or November. Specific details are as follows:
- Seabourn Odyssey: paused through the Europe season, with operations pause effective
through November 20.
- Seabourn Sojourn: paused through the Alaska & British Columbia season, with operations pause effective
through October 13.
- Seabourn Quest: paused through the Canada & New England season, with operations pause effective
through November 6.
- Seabourn Encore: paused through the Europe season, with operations pause effective
through October 19.
- Seabourn Ovation: paused through the Europe season, with operations pause effective
through November 6.
The decision to cancel additional voyages is a proactive response to the unpredictable circumstances continuing to evolve from the global response to the COVID-19 situation.
Seabourn has communicated changes for voyages scheduled to depart in the extension window with all booked guests and their travel advisors.
Guests Automatically Receive Future Cruise Credit
Guests with impacted cruises will automatically be cancelled, and all guests will receive a Future Cruise Credit as follows:
- Paid in Full: those guests paid in full will receive 125% Future Cruise Credit of the base cruise fare paid to Seabourn.
- Under Deposit: those guests with bookings under deposit will receive a Future Cruise Credit valued at 125% of the deposit amount paid, plus an onboard credit of $300 per suite.
The Future Cruise Credit is valid for 12 months from the date of issue and may be used to book sailings departing through December 31, 2022. The amount of non-cruise fare purchases may be transferred to a new booking to be used in any manner selected by the guest. Alternatively, guests may request a refund of the monies paid to Seabourn, which will be reimbursed to the original form of payment.
In addition, Seabourn understands and values the role our travel partners play in our success. We will protect your commission on bookings for cancelled cruises that were paid in full whether they were inside or outside of final payment and for the total amount of the Future Cruise Credit when your clients rebook. For bookings outside of final payment and not paid in full standard commission policies apply.
For more information, contact Seabourn Sales at
For specific T&C details related to your clients' booking, please refer to the email communication received from Seabourn announcing the cancellation of affected voyages.