A Message from Chris Austin and Doug Seagle
Season’s Greetings! As we approach the end of the year and the start of a New Year and new decade, we’d like to take this opportunity to celebrate our many successes in 2019 and give you our sincere thanks for your continued partnership and support.
What a year it has been!
- Announcing our commitment to build two purpose-built expedition ships to provide the world’s finest ultra-luxury expedition experiences with the first, Seabourn Venture scheduled to launch in June 2021.
- Enhancing the menu options in The Restaurant offering guests 14 appetizer and 14 entrée choices.
- Serving over 58,000 bottles of Champagne and over 2,000 kilograms of Caviar!
- Introducing a new, more sophisticated and elegant afternoon tea service, Tea Time, featuring TWG luxury tea served on French Bernardaud porcelain.
- Implementing the use of refillable NORDAQ water bottles in all suites for use on board or to take ashore as part of our commitment to environmental stewardship and sustainability.
- Offering guests, through our complimentary Seabourn Conversations® program, access to notable speakers such as: Jeffrey Archer, best-selling English novelist and former member of Parliament; Fulton Armstrong, intelligence expert and former director for Inter-American Affairs at the National Security Council; Alessandra Borchi, program coordinator and liaison officer for UNESCO at the World Heritage Center in Paris; and Colin O’Brady, groundbreaking Antarctic Explorer.
- Expanding our sailings in 2020 by offering 7-day voyages in Alaska and returning to Istanbul with four voyages between Athens and Istanbul.
- Announcing our 2021 World Cruise, a 140-day sailing from Miami to Barcelona.
- Signing a new five-year contract with UNESCO, positioning Seabourn as the official cruise partner of UNESCO World Heritage. Over the past five years Seabourn has raised and donated over $1M in funds to support World Heritage.
We also launched:
- Six NEW immersive Seabourn Journeys, fully commissionable at a rate of up to 14%, four in Europe and two in Alaska, increasing our offerings to 16 pre- and post-cruise options.
- Seabourn Private Air, a bespoke door-to-deck chartered air service to and from cruise ports around the world.
- Seabourn Club Pricing on select voyages for past guests with a 5% discount combinable with all other events in market.
- A new Seabourn Academy® providing travel advisors with the most comprehensive training in the industry.
- A series of new videos including our True Stories of Ultra Luxury, featuring real guest Seabourn Moments.
We look forward to sharing even more success and extraordinary events and offerings with you in 2020. There’s no better way to celebrate our success than to end this year and begin the next by taking advantage of our Signature Savings Event happening now through February 28! Also, be on the lookout for the launch of our new Go Seabourn Travel Advisor Resource Center launching in early 2020.
From all of us here at Seabourn, best wishes for a joyous holiday season and continued success in the New Year!