Chris Austin Honored with Two Prestigious Awards
Our very own Chris Austin, senior vice president of Global Marketing and Sales for Seabourn, has been honored with two prestigious and significant trade awards.
In August, he was named 2019 Virtuoso “Cruise Ambassador of the Year” during the 31st annual Virtuoso Travel Week. This honor is especially significant as only a small fraction of the network’s more than 1,800 partners are recognized at Virtuoso Travel Week. Accepting the award Chris Austin said, “I’m incredibly pleased to receive this honor from an organization that instills a sense of professionalism and service amongst its many travel advisors who make travelers’ dreams a reality. I’ve been a long-standing advocate for the travel advisor community and will continue to give them my full support since I’m a firm believer in the incredible value they provide to travelers every day.”
Luxury Travel Advisor named Chris 2019 Luxury Travel Advisor “Top Luxury Sales Executive” and Seabourn “Best Luxury Cruise Line for Small Ships.” Read more about Chris including his background, travel tips and more in a feature article in Luxury Travel Advisors’ September issue.
And that’s not all! Seabourn is honored to have received 14 top travel awards in one month from travelers and industry including TIME, Cruise International, American Airlines Celebrated Living and Travel Weekly (U.S.) magazines.
Our September honors include:
- “Best Boutique Cruise Line” — The British Cruise Awards — Named by the readers of Cruise International, the best-selling consumer cruise magazine in the U.K.
- “Best Boutique Cruising Experiences” — 2019 Platinum List — American Airlines Celebrated Living magazine.
- “World’s Greatest Places” — TIME — Editors from TIME selected Seabourn Ovation as one of 100 destinations, hotels and hospitality brands around the world that are breaking new ground, leading industry trends and offering visitors an extraordinary experience.
- Travel Weekly — Magellan Awards — Judged by top travel industry professionals, including Richard Bangs, executive producer and host of Richard Bangs’ Quests; Patricia Schultz, author of 1,000 Places to See Before You Die; CBS Travel Editor Peter Greenberg; Bruce Beckham, former CEO of Tourism Cares; Rob Kwortnik, professor at Cornell University School of Hotel Administration; and others.
- Six Gold Magellan Awards:
- Cruise Elements — Luxury Ship-Entertainment — Seabourn’s Entertainment Offers Luxury of Choice
- Cruise — Overall-Mid-Size Cruise Ship (501-1200 passengers) — Seabourn Encore
- Cruise Elements — Luxury Ship-Suite Design — Seabourn Ovation’s Wintergarden Suites: Thoughtfully Designed and Tastefully Curated
- Cruise — Overall-Luxury Ship — Seabourn Ovation: A Stunning Masterpiece
- Cruise — Overall-Small Cruise Ship (500 passengers or under) — Seabourn Sojourn
- Cruise — Overall-Loyalty Program — Seabourn Club Offers Valuable Benefits and Rewards to Loyal Guests
- Five Silver Magellan Awards:
- Cruise Marketing-Direct Mail — Seabourn 2020 World Cruise Promotional Package
- Cruise Elements — Luxury Ship-Atrium Design — Seabourn Ovation Features Stunning Six-Deck Atrium
- Cruise Elements — Luxury Ship-Spa Design — Spa & Wellness on Seabourn Ovation and Seabourn Encore
- Cruise — Overall-Education Program — Seabourn Delivers Unparalleled Level of Education for Travel Advisors with the “New Seabourn Academy”
- Cruise Marketing-Promotional Video — Seabourn Produces “Who Do You Follow” Video for Travel Advisors
For more information about our award-winning ways, contact Seabourn Sales at