Shore Experiences By Seabourn: Behind The Scenes at the Mariinsky Theatre & Tea With a Ballerina: A UNESCO Partner Tour
During their stop in St. Petersburg, Russia your clients can participate in a very special visit to the world-renowned Mariinsky Theatre for a backstage tour — a unique experience that is inaccessible to the general public.
Accompanied by the Mariinsky Theatre curator, guests will visit the areas of the theatre that are normally behind the scenes — the stage, the curtains, the royal box, the theater workshops or costume storage rooms for example.
The theatre is part of the St. Petersburg UNESCO World Heritage Site and, if its walls could talk, they would offer up some spectacular tales of love and loss, royalty and sycophants, aristocrats and wannabes, dancers and dynasties. The theatre was the main ballet and opera stage of the Russian Empire. Some of the most famous composers, ballet dancers, opera singers and artists that have ever lived have worked and performed here.
Behind the curtains, guests can see fascinating mechanisms that help work the on-stage magic during the performances, learn about stage machinery and engineering devices, costume care and set design.
After visiting the theatre, a short transfer brings guests to a downtown restaurant where they will meet a Russian ballerina. While sitting down to discuss topics of mutual interest over a cup of tea, they will enjoy a delicious Russian pastry and learn how different life is for the host. Guests may also be surprised at some unexpected similarities. This is an unprecedented opportunity to listen to a professional ballet performer share personal stories of the theatre, her family life and her career history.
Please note: This tour does not operate from the end of July through August as the theatre is closed.
Looking for additional excursions to offer your clients? St. Petersburg is full of other UNESCO shore excursions, including:
- 2-Day Best of St Petersburg: A UNESCO Partner Tour
- 3-Day Extraordinary St Petersburg: A UNESCO Partner Tour
- Moscow & the Mysterious Kremlin (by Train) with Your Own Exclusive Guide in Moscow: A UNESCO Partner Tour
- Moscow & the Mysterious Kremlin by Train: A UNESCO Partner Tour
- Peter & Paul Fortress & Menshikov Palace: A UNESCO Partner Tour
- Peterhof: Palace, Fountains & Park: A UNESCO Partner Tour
- Splendid St Petersburg & Scenic River Cruise: A UNESCO Partner Tour
- St. Petersburg Cathedrals: A UNESCO Partner Tour
- The Hermitage Museum & the French Impressionists: A UNESCO Partner Tour
- The Hermitage Museum: A UNESCO Partner Tour
- Treasures of the Hermitage Museum: Gold & Diamond Rooms: A UNESCO Partner Tour
For more about our shore experiences in St. Petersburg, Russia,
contact Seabourn Sales at